- aWhy are there still so many people overweight despite the current fitness craze?
- bWell, there are certain factors that effect people's size and weight.
- aWhat are they?
- bOne study said that low-income groups have a higher percentage of over-weight people than higher income families.
- bThe survey said that the low, income groups eat more junk food on a daily basis.
- aThat makes sense. Probably less time to make dinner and the junk food is cheaper.
- bAnd junk food contains lots of fat and oil. There is one final reason why so many people are fat.
- aWhat's that?
- bNobody exercises any more-not even kids! The average American home has the TV on for 6 hours a day!
- aWow! No wonder people are so fat. Say, Carl, looks like you could be doing a bit more exercising.
- bYeah, I guess so.
- aYou should consider eating healthier food and getting some more exercise.
- bHey, I started a diet and lost 10 pounds.
- aSo what happened?
- bWell, I quit and gained it back plus 5 pounds.
- aYou should have kept trying.